An early morning fire in Yuma displaced 10 to 15 people.

Yuma Fire Department responded to the fire in a 3 unit apartment complex at about 2:30 a.m. Thursday. Heavy smoke and flames greeted the firefighters when the arrived at the complex in the 2000 block of South Walnut Avenue. It took firefighters about an hour to extinguish the blaze. All three units of the complex sustained significant damage. The fire apparently started on a stove in one of the apartments after the resident had fallen asleep while cooking. One person was treated for exposure to smoke at Yuma Regional Medical Center but all other residents were able to safely evacuate the building. Those displaced by the fire were assisted by the American Red Cross.