(Structure fire)….It was reported Sunday morning.

At around 6:00 am Sunday fire crews were called to the 500 block of E Street in Imperial. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the North side of the home, which included the bedroom and the kitchen. The family had evacuated and no injuries were reported. Officials say it appears the fire was caused by hot coals from a previous warming fire inside one of the trash cans at the north side of the house. Damage to the building caused the house to be uninhabitable. The American Red Cross was called in to assist the family.