(Apartment Fire in Yuma)…It was reported late Wednesday afternoon

. Fire crews were called to an apartment at Yuma Home Park on South Virginia Drive. When firefighters arrived on scene they found heavy smoke and fire coming from one of the apartments in the complex. It took the Firefighters about an hour to completely extinguish the fire. Officials say the fire started in the apartment’s kitchen. The cause was food being left to cook unattended on the stove. The fire was contained to the one apartment, however, smoke damage was reported in two other apartments. The Red Cross assisted six adults locate alternative lodging, since they could not reoccupy their apartments. No injuries were reported, except for a dog who was treated for smoke inhalation. Officials say fire response was hampered by traffic congestion caused by onlookers in vehicles blocking the streets and even driving over water hoses supplying water to combat the fire.