(Fire was reported at shortly before 3 Monday Morning)...Yuma Fire responded to the call.

When they arrived at the 1900 block of South Avenue A, they discovered the fire in a bathroom and bedroom area of the Apartment at the Yuma Garden Apartments. The fire crew was able to quickly extinguish the blaze, containing it to the one apartment. The apartment's two adult occupants were able to evacuate safely. Fire officials say the fire alarms in the apartment did not activate. They say the apartment sustained heavy fire damage and the unit was  not able to be reoccupied. Officials say the fire originated in the bathroom exhaust/ventilation, dropping burning debris in the bathroom. The fire then spread to the rest of the apartment.