Banners 728 Top

Googleleader

BannersTop

Seniors will continue to recieve meals

(The Senior Meals Program will continue)….Public Administrator said she needed $21,000 to keep the program going for the next 4 months.

Norma Saikhon told the Board of Supervisors Tuesday the state had the Senior Meals program budget had been cut by over $40,000. A few months ago the Governor said his new budget would return the funding, but it turns out only 30% of the sequestered funds will be returned. Those funds will not be available until the new fiscal year starts July 1st. The Supervisors agreed to use $21,000 from the General Fund to keep the program going, avoiding any cuts and the possibility local seniors could miss a meal. The program provides meals to seniors throughout the Imperial County.