(Fire in Calexico)…As if it was not hot enough.
The Fire Department received the call at 3:30 Thursday afternoon, with temperatures hovering around 117 degrees. They responded to the structure fire at a house at 212 Robert Kennedy. Officials say the fire started in a car inside the garage. It soon spread to the garage. El Centro Fire responded to a call for mutual aid. They assisted the Calexico firefighters in keeping the blaze from spreading to the house, or surrounding structures. No injuries were reported.