|Living Beautifully Every Day|
|Written by NAPSI|
|Sunday, 08 January 2012 11:02|
Hollywood, California (NAPSI) - Just as diamonds are a girl’s best friend and the perfect designer bag can be worth a splurge, shapewear can be a secret weapon for looking slimmer and feeling more confident during special occasions, according to a recent survey.
The survey, conducted by Bali® Intimate Apparel and LYCRA® beauty fabric, found that women identified comfort, how much better shapewear makes them look, and fabric lightness or thinness as the most important factors when purchasing shapewear.
From whittling the waist and flattening the tummy to slimming the thighs and smoothing out lumps and bumps, celebrity stylist Jennifer Rade knows a few things about looking and feeling your best. Her client list is a who’s who of the music, film and television industry, including musicians Lady Antebellum. She believes it begins with the right foundation.
“Don’t wear shapewear that’s too small because you think it ‘holds you in’ better. That theory will only make you uncomfortable,” says Rade. “Accept the reality of your figure. Love it.” Finding shapewear that makes you look sleek, held in and smoothed out can be easier with these five tips from Rade:
• First, what needs work? Identify the area you want help shaping. Most women identified the stomach, followed by thighs, hips and derriere, as the problem areas. Identifying specific areas can help you narrow down your search for the right shapewear pieces.
• Second, know that it doesn’t have to hurt. A recent survey found that 35 percent of women avoid shapewear because they believe it’s uncomfortable. Shapewear made with LYCRA, however, moves with you. Options include light control, moderate control or firm control.
• Third, you’re probably wearing the wrong size. Looking 10 pounds smaller doesn’t mean you have to wear shapewear that’s too small. Proper-fitting shapewear is more effective. To find your size, start with your current dress or dress pant size and this conversion: 4−6 = Small, 8−10 = Medium, 12−14 = Large, 16−18 = XLarge, 20−22 = 2XLarge.
• Fourth, update your lingerie drawer. For each pair of shoes you have, you should have one shapewear piece. Having shapewear for all style occasions-a little black dress, cigarette-style trousers, billowy blouses-ensures an effortless, slimming and elegant look no matter what you’re wearing.
• Fifth, believe it. Feel beautiful. Shapewear can give you great comfort and fit and help you look and feel elegant and confident. For more ideas on how to live beautifully daily and get tips and advice from Rade, visit www.Facebook.com/bali.intimates.