El Centro, California (NAPSI) - For the first time in a long time, home remodel costs are trending in a positive direction for homeowners looking to add value with cost-effective projects. According to a recent study by Remodeling, the average cost-to-value ratio has increased to 60.6 percent.
Recouping On A Remodel
The Remodeling report also said, regarding the national average for midrange home remodeling projects costing less than $12,000 that still recoup at least half of their cost:
• A steel entry door replacement increases resale value by 85.6 percent of its cost.
• A garage door replacement increases resale value by 75.7 percent of its cost.
• A fiberglass entry door replacement increases resale value by 65.9 percent of its cost.
• A wood deck addition increases resale value by 77.3 percent of its cost.
• A vinyl window replacement increases resale value by 71.2 percent of its cost.
• A wood window replacement increases resale value by 73.3 percent of its cost.
• A backup power generator increases resale value by 52.7 percent of its cost.
Meanwhile, you and your family can enjoy the comfort and savings that these improvements provide. For example, the backup power generator, also known as a standby or home generator, can offer your family peace of mind during emergencies and natural disaster. During a power outage, standby generators provide a seamless supply of power using a transfer switch and power management system. This lets you run appliances such as sump pumps, air conditioners, heaters, refrigerators, clothes washers, dryers and lights.
“Any time a homeowner can choose a remodeling project that increases the home’s livability while also recouping a large chunk of the project investment it’s a great idea,” said Amanda Grandy of Briggs & Stratton, one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of home standby generators.
To learn more about standby generators or to find a dealer, visit www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/generators.